Tuesday, October 07, 2008

How we spend our days casting love aside.

I decided to take a walk at 4am and compose some of the thoughts that were floating around in my head...about half way around the block rain started to pour down on me as lightning crashed in the distance. My first thoughts were "Shit, I'm going to get soaked" but then I opened my eyes and realized the beauty of this little storm blowing in. The loud tapping of the raindrops on the rooftops with the flickering of the lightning. The rain had a calming effect on my body and the sounds cleared my head as soon as I let go.
I had the wrong idea at first. For a moment, I forgot to embrace this beauty. I could have ran home in desparate attempt to stay dry.
How often do we run home when it starts to storm? Why run when you can become a part of this natural nourishment? We forget to see the beauty in things because when bad things happen we have a tendency to shut out everything else around us and miss out on what's really happening. I sense another change, a good one. Tomorrow is a new day. And in the morning, everything will be washed away and nurtured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home