Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Where is love in that jungle haze?

Well, I couldn't sleep last night...felt a bit feverish. I went to bed at around 1am and woke up at 4am sweating my ass off. I stayed up and stared at the wall in deep thought until it was time to go to work...I left a bit early so I could eat some breakfast...I left home around 7:30am. I couldn't find a decent place to eat some breakfast so I just went to Whataburger and got a #4....that's bacon and chee burger, with some greesey ass fries...I forced down the greese pile with a gallon of soda and headed to work. 9:00am...Damn the luck, the truck arrived early today, 1118 cubic feet. My back and bones ached from this sickness. This was going to be fun. So I did the whole work thing and left at 2pm instead of 6pm....what can I say, I wasn't up for anymore physical labor. I got home and crashed out in my dirty ass work clothes on my bed (note to self, wash sheets) for a good 5 hour nap. I woke up feeling even more sick so I ate some Day-Qil...nice red pills, they always do the trick. Robert and Jenny ordered a pizza...I ate 4 slices and drank some more of that soda (good for diabetes I hear). After that I asked Robert if he wanted to go get a movie with me. So, we headed off to get a movie, but first to pic up Roberts lap top from work. The Old 97's playing the whole way there. I don't mind it at all Robert, they're growing on me. We arrive at the movie shop after the laptop retrieval and neither of us knows what to get...Robert goes back to the car to listen to an audio book ("Why Do you Care what Other people Think?") while I search for a movie. It's just not happening, I can't find anything I want to watch. In the background I can hear some Hollywood Video associates talking about Brokeback Mountain and jokeing about gay cowboys eating pudding. So I look through the new releases and see GrizzleyMan. I pick it up and head to the front counter. I look at the candy...I can never resist, I always have to get the green apple sour straws...so I pick up a pack. Two guys are leaving the store at that very moment, the girl up front who's name tag reads "Veronica" says to them "All these movies and yall still couldn't find anything to watch." She was pretty rude but, I thought it was hilarious...the go to hell looks that the two guys gave her. She saw me laughing and gave me a smile...she was pretty cute. The other associates were talking about the two guys ...saying that they think they offended them by making the gay cowboy comments, the couple may have been gay. Veronica proceeds to check me out and says the the sour straws are two for a dollar...kick ass....I pick up another....the blueraspberry flavor...why not? Never tried that one before. I gave Veronica a final smile before I left the store. I told Robert I needed some more meds for my sick body. We drove to the HEB next door. I walk in, grab the meds, (Day-Qil and Ny-Qil) and hurry back to the car. We drive home and park in front of the driveway. I'm walking to the house with a movie (GrizzleyMan), two packs of candy (Sour apple and Blueraspberry), and a box of Day-Qil/Ny-Qil. This is what dreams are made of baby. We get inside the house and I put the movie in and start on the Sour Apple Straws....I'll save you all alot of boredom (if that's possible at this point). The whole movie is not a documentary on a man living with bears...but a documentary on the details of how a man and his girlfriend were consumed by a bear. "I saw this human ribcage that the bear was chewing on...I knew it was his." God, what a shitty movie...I couldn't watch all of it. I turned it off and here I am. That was basically my day...almost to a T. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and have something more interesting to write about.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger RB said...

hahhaa -- great recollection of the day --- most are like that. you forgot about queen bee and eric. queen bee is pretty opinionated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home