Thursday, February 09, 2006

Canis Lupus

I had a friend ask me the other day..."what about us? Are we natural?" And in my opinion...no we are not. If you look at it from nature's point of view. Because if you were to eliminate all of the human race all at once...nature would not suffer one bit...it would only benifit. Nothing in nature depends on humans. Every other life form has another life form that depends on it for survival ..for a balance in habitat. Nothing depends on us to survive. Humans have no balance in nature, not anymore. Maybe at one time we were natural...when we were hunted and at balance with nature...we used to play fair, we played the game of give and take. Not, take...deplete...repeat. It has been found that saber tooth tigers used to hunt cavemen for food. Turns out that their two large canines were the exact diameter of an adult cavemen's eyes. Cavemen skulls have been found with holes in the back of the eye sockets from teeth. So the saber tooth tigets method of killing a caveman was to sneak up behind an him and pounce on him and drive it's teeth through the eyes and into the brain for an easy kill. I'm kind of glad that stuff doesn't go on anymore.

Wolves are by far the most interesting animal in my book. I've always had a facination with these guys. I have this dream that I have every now and then that I've had since I was a kid. I'm with this pack of wolves and I'm part of the pack...I'm a wolf and we're running ... we're hunting. We all have this connection, the members of the pack and I. Be quiet alert, the pack needs food. We all have this understanding of what to do and what needs to be done to survive. And that's basically the dream. It's so real at times...the way I move as a wolf, the way the wolf form feels..it feels so real. It's always odd when I wake up from this dream because it's kind of akward to feel what it's like to walk on two legs again after this dream, it's so vivid. It's like when I wake up I have to almost relearn the feeling of walking because I've become so accustomed to the wolf form. Maybe I was a wolf of some sort in a past life? Who knows. I've always had a strong bond with canines.

This has happend a million times... but just a couple of minutes ago, I went over to Troy's girlfriend's (Toni) house...and they have this dog there that's supposed to be Mr. Bigshot. He's used to Troy already..but he's never seen me before. So I open the door and walk in the house and sit down. The dog looks at me for a second then jumps up on my lap. Toni's dad was like "What the hell's the matter with the dog? He always barks and nobody can usually touch him without getting bit." Who knows. I've got a million incidences like that. One particulaly odd incident is Crystal's (my brother's soon to be wife) neighbor's dogs. They have two huge boxers. And they're supposily pretty mean. Me and Dustin and some other friends will get to drinking and have to pee...so we usually go outside next to the fence. The dogs go apeshit trying to break through the fence and eat whoever is on the other side pissing. Except for when I go over there. They don't seem to mind me for some reason. I've even gone over there and gone into their backyard. The dogs run up barking with a mean look on their face and when they see that it's me, they stop and turn into little puppys.

So my vacation from work is going good. I'm having alot of fun and spent way too much money already. A break from work is nice...really nice. I have off until next Sunday. Who knows what my hands are going to end up in in the mean time. Well, I'm off to bed for now and will leave you all with this quote. I don't know who it's from though.

"It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your are not."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home