Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula(Aphonopelma seemani)

I found an extra aquarium at my parents place that the old man was going to throw out. So I brought it home, cleaned it out, and put another creature in it. She's a Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula. That isn't an acual picture of her but I'll get those on here soon. I never dealt with a burrowing species before, but she seems to be doing fine. Just a litte potting soil, woodchips and a shelter and she's already dug herself a nice burrow. This species can really move when disturbed. I'm not used to that. Harriet just kind of walks away when disturbed. This one flew across the tank in a blur. Scared the shit out of me. She could have tagged me easily, but luckily this species isn't the aggressive old world type. Look forward to studying my new baby, I haven't got her a name yet. Any suggestions? I just joined the American Tarantula Society. So I am now officially....insaine. Hahaha, naaa.....I believe that there needs to be more people interested in this field, there is so little we know about these guys....and the only reason for that is...people are terrified of them and would rather squash them. I think they're beautiful creatures. Maybe this video will convince you a bit. Anyway that's it for now. It's about time I update this bitch. The only reason I got a chance to today was because it rained and work got cancelled. By the way, I don't know if I like this job yet....it's getting on my nerves quite frankly. Soon to come....Pictures and commentary from the snake farm and my brothers wedding, happening this weekend. It will be the first time I will ever be in a tux.....EVER.

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Hey dude... I'm back at Sunset!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Hey there- thanks for the comment :D I have never come in contact with a roach- so I don't know if I'm afraid of them or not :\

Now, I don't really like spiders [I recently posted about them...] but the idea of tarantulas as a pet never really bothered me. I don't know, maybe its because Jungle 2 Jungle was my favorite movie when it came out...

But yeah, your blog looks pretty cool- I think I'll be adding you to my list and come back for a visit. I'm looking forward to those pictures :)


~K

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger RB said...

hey beast, this mutha is gettin' pretty stale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home